Sunday, May 30, 2004

Two Weeks Left of Class

Things are going great. Did great on all my finals and quizzes so far. We have air brakes and signals coming up next week. I have already learned so much about the railroad. The instructor said I could bring camera to the field if I wanted. So next Tuesday I should have some good pictures to post. Talked to a former Schneider man who went to work for UP about 3 months ago, he is out of Reno. He is a Conductor on his own now and loving it. Getting paid about 2.5 times as much as driving the bid truck. I can't wait for that. The work is gonna be good for my body. Gonna be doing alot of work in the yard on my feet. Glad Mindy bought me some super work boots. I will never wear cheap boots again after wearing RedWings. They kick ass. More comfortable than my Nikes. After these two weeks then I start 7 weeks of work in the railyard and train riding. Then it is back to class with two weeks of Conductor training. I am so glad I made this move. We have two unions to choose from. Think I will join the Brotherhood of Engineers and trainmen now under the Teamsters. Both Unions will take us out to dinner in our last week. Being a right winger by nature, it will be wierd. But I think unionhood will not affect my core political beliefs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home